Alert Newsletter, Fall 2011
Volume: 7 Edition: 2 (.pdf/986K) In this edition, you will read about:
- YES Scholars investigating public health careers
- Dr. Harvey Fineberg receives prestigious award
- YES in the Press
- YES Epi Calendar – Relaunch
Alert Newsletter, Spring 2011
Volume: 7 Edition: 1 (.pdf/570K) In this edition, you will read about:
- The top winners from the 2010-11 YES Competition
- Scholar perspective from 2009-10 YES alumni Jessica Hart
- Judge perspective from YES judge Dr. Denise Koo, as well as her summer reading list
- YES scholars in the news
Note: Important information regarding the YES Competition’s eighth and final year.
Alert Newsletter, Winter 2011
Volume: 6 Edition: 3 (.pdf/1.14K) In this edition, you will read about:
- YES Scholars tour the CDC
- YES Alumni, Scott Kobner (2007-08) and Michelle Krakowiak (2005-06) address Georgia high school students
- White House invites YES to first-ever science fair
- YES Alumni pursue paths in public health
- Media features YES Scholars
Alert Newsletter, Fall 2010
Volume: 6 Edition: 2 (.pdf/824K) In this edition, you will read about:
- The NEW Epi Calendar
- YES Scholars Go Back to School
- Georgia Offers Epi in High Schools
- Alumni Update ? ?Where Are They Now??
- YES Hits the Airwaves
- Epi-Logue — Can you name the famous outbreak and the city?
Alert Newsletter, Spring 2010
Volume: 6 Edition: 1 (.pdf/891K) In this edition, you will read about:
- YES National Event and the 12 National Finalists
- Troy High School teacher shares her perspective about YES Competition
- YES You Can!
- Epi-Logue — Can you identify the mystery person?
Alert Newsletter, Fall 2009
Volume: 5 Edition: 2 (.pdf/1.77MB) In this edition, you will read about:
- Kelly Moltzen, YES Alumnus 2003-04, puts her YES experience to work
- Leading epidemiologist and YES National Judge, Dr. David Fraser, shares thoughts about the YES Competition and public health
- YES Scholars visit the CDC
- Science Olympiad, Disease Detectives, reaches out to Chicago urban schools
- YES Alumni — "Where are They Now?"
Alert Newsletter, Spring 2009
Volume: 5 Edition: 1 (.pdf/427K) In this edition, you will read about:
- Sixty students present their research at the sixth annual YES Competition
- Avtayla Feldman, 2008-09 YES National Finalist, shares her family history
- YES winners featured in Times Square
- Dr. Sharon Kardia—"Encourages the Next Generation"
Alert Newsletter, Fall 2008
Volume: 4 Edition: 2 (.pdf/427K) In this edition, you will read about:
- YES Scholars visit the CDC
- Evan Orenstein, 2003-04 YES Scholar
- Natalia Nazarewicz, 2005-06 YES Scholar
- YES Alumni: Where are they now?
Alert Newsletter, Spring 2008
Volume 4: Edition: 1 (.pdf/1.45MB) In this edition, you will read about:
- YES Competition—Fifth Anniversary
- 2007-08 12 National Finalists
- Dr. Michelle Williams, University of Washington, YES Competition keynote speaker
- YES Alumni celebrate the fifth anniversary
Alert Newsletter, Fall 2007
Volume 3: Edition: 2 (.pdf/251MB) In this edition, you will read about:
- Maya Wolpert, a 2005-06 YES Scholar, who worked with rural AIDS clinics in South Africa
- Megan Blewett and Will Slack's trip to the CDC to present their research and meet with officials
- Aman Prasad's summer internship at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- YES Alumni activities in "Where are They Now?"
Alert Newsletter Spring 2007
Volume 3: Edition: 1 (.pdf/5MB) In this edition you will:
- Meet the twelve 2006-07 YES National Finalists
- Read about the competition highlights, including a keynote address from Rear Admiral Kenneth Moritsugu, Acting Surgeon General
- Catch a glimpse about the growing interest in public health schools across the nation
Alert Newsletter Fall 2006
Volume 2: Edition: 2 (.pdf/282K) In this edition you will:
- Read what the YES National First-Place winners had to say about their trip to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta.
- Walk in Hannibal's footsteps with 2004-05 YES Competition National Finalist Andreea Seicean and learn about her summer archaeology trip to the Alps.
- Catch up on the latest activities of YES Scholars in the YES Alumni Corner
Alert Newsletter Spring 2006
Volume: 2 Edition: 1 (.pdf/945K) In this edition you will:
- Read about the 2005-06 YES Competition in Washington D.C. and the 12 national finalists that were selected
- Meet Dr. William H. Foege, leading epidemiologist and keynote speaker at the competition
- Hear YES judge Dr. Shiriki Kumanyika's reflections on the YES Competition and the future of the field of epidemiology
Alert Newsletter Fall 2005
Volume: 1 Edition: 2 (.pdf/594K) In this edition you will:
- Find out where YES finalists are now and how they are spending their time, including one student's quest to start a high school epidemiology club
- Learn about the devastating health consequences of Hurricane Katrina
- Read about Sir Richard Doll, one of the world's leading epidemiologists
Alert Newsletter Spring 2005
Volume: 1 Edition: 1 (.pdf/211K) In this edition you will:
- Meet the national winners of the 2004-05 YES Competition
- Hear what one of this year's lead judges, Dr. Jonathan Samet, has to say about the competition
- Learn how one high school teacher used the College Board's teaching units to bring statistics—and epidemiology—to life in his classroom.